And with a new year comes a new lot of films being released of course! I cannot wait, and 2013 is shaping up to be a good year for the film industry once more. So here is my quick guide for the films to look out nex- I mean this year!
- Iron Man 3 - the return of Robert Downey Jr as Iron Man is hugely anticipated, and the trailers so far promise to be an excellent journey with the self-confessed billionaire, genius and playboy all rolled into one. In Iron Man 3, we see Tony Stark's (RDJ) whole world as he knows it threatened by new villain the Mandarin (Ben Kingsley), as he battles also his own personal demons. The trailer seems to show a certainly different and more subdued side of Tony Stark, and I for one cannot wait to see this film. Out in UK cinemas on the 26th of April and USA cinemas on the 3rd of May.
- Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters - this story is said to be promising gore and comedy, and previously I did not quite what to think due to the trailers. But if your into fantasy and a certainly different twist on a old fairy-tale, then this is the film for you. Starring Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton, the cast is certainly hopeful of becoming a potentially good film if that is what you are interested in. It may be hit and miss, but hopefully the talents of both leads will carry this film through if needed be. Out in UK cinemas on the 22nd of February and USA cinemas on the 25th of January.
- The Impossible - This film tells the despairing true story of a family separated during the 2004 Tsunami in Thailand, who all survive and so begin a desperate search to be reunited with one another. Starring the marvellous Ewan McGregor and Naomi Watts, this tale promises to be emotional which will tug at the heart-strings of many but which will hopefully be heart-warming too. Definitely one to watch. Out now in both UK and USA cinemas.
- Oblivion - This upcoming science fiction film stars Tom Cruise as drone repairman Jack Harper, after Earth was evacuated following a war with an alien kind. However after rescuing a female who seems to know him, he faces a whole host of questions and the very survival of humanity is then laid in his hands. It certainly looks very interesting, and the fact that the director also happens to be the same man who wrote the book (Joesph Kosinski) will bode well for the film. Well worth a watch if you like sci-fi. Out in UK and USA cinemas on the 12th of April.
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - next installment in the Hunger Games trilogy is set to be released this year and it promises just to be as great and as jam-packed with action as the first film was. Based on the second book by Suzanne Collins, Katniss and Peeta are determined to prove that their actions in the arena was not to spark a rebellion, but with the 75th Hunger Games coming up, will the President of Panem punish them even more? Starring the fantastic Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson, if the film is anything to go as a great as the book then we'll be in for a treat. Out in UK and USA cinemas on the 22nd of November.
Also watch out for films such as Man of Steel, Anchorman: The Legend Continues, Monsters University and many more!
Let me know what you think, and hope you all have a great 2013 once more!